This educational collaboration between Washington University's Tyson Research Center and the Missouri Botanical Garden's Shaw Nature Reserve is designed to engage St. Louis area high school students in scientifically-based exploration of the natural world. Linked programs of field training (SIFT) and field research (TERF) provide teenagers with experiences that realistically reflect research in environmental biology. Participating teens learn a variety of field investigation skills and then have the opportunity to put those new skills to work assisting career scientists with real research projects.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jumping in to the Blogosphere

GERONIMO!!! I'm jumping into the blogosphere without even a set of floaty wings...

Funny thing. Despite being somewhat computer savvy and overly verbal, I've never blogged before. Read a few, even made a few comments. But never taken the plunge until now.

I think this will start out as a way to document the process of our NSF ISE project and eventually morph into a way to communicate with and facilitate communication between the project participants. We'll see...

It suddenly occurs to me that starting this blog is a direct result of the theft of my computer. I am feeling lost without my 3 1/2 year old shiny silver friend filled to the brim with documents, lists, curricula, contacts, and calendars. Maybe by casting this blog out to the ether, I am trying to secure my work in a more secure place? A place that has no need for cable locks?

Would a wiki be better? Hmmmm

No comments: