This educational collaboration between Washington University's Tyson Research Center and the Missouri Botanical Garden's Shaw Nature Reserve is designed to engage St. Louis area high school students in scientifically-based exploration of the natural world. Linked programs of field training (SIFT) and field research (TERF) provide teenagers with experiences that realistically reflect research in environmental biology. Participating teens learn a variety of field investigation skills and then have the opportunity to put those new skills to work assisting career scientists with real research projects.

Monday, June 29, 2009

On some new TERF

*cracks knuckles*

There's a large gap in time to bridge here, but I believe I'm up to the challenge in the next week.

My name is Katie and I'm the summer intern on the informal science education programs taking place at Washington University's Tyson Research Center. I graduated from WashU in May after completing majors in Environmental Studies and Philosophy, as well as a research summer of my own at Tyson last year. Breathing for the first time after the whirlwind that was informal science ed at Tyson in June, I'm here to synthesize and share some of the most noteworthy parts of the last four weeks.

No comments: